In less than one week, it will be March! Spring really is just around the corner now, and this past week Cape May was treated to a few days of unseasonably pleasant weather. The warmth was a reminder of the season to come, and we hope it has also planted the seed that summer will be here before we know it. Reservations for summer rentals have been flowing in steadily…but there are still plenty of properties that remain available. If you’re thinking about booking, now is the time! It’s likely that you already know most of what’s required to book your Cape May vacation. But if this is your first time reserving, or even if you’re a seasoned renter…here are some of our best tips based on the most frequently asked questions posed to our rental team…
1. How many people will be in your party? Sometimes, a property may be capable of sleeping more people than it actually advertises. This is normal, and the occupancy listed is the maximum amount of people that the property owner wishes to have stay in their home. So make sure to pay attention to the occupancy limit and select a property that’s large enough for your party.
2. Are pets coming with you? Homestead features a variety of pet friendly homes! Despite the occasional exception, “pets” refers almost exclusively to dogs for the purpose of our rentals. Many of our guests require a rental that is pet free, so there are no exceptions made if a property is NOT listed as being pet friendly.
3. What about Linens? Remember, the homes you will be renting offer bedspreads and pillows…but sheets and towels are almost never included. You can bring them with you if you’d like. But Homestead offers our own linen rental service right here on site…and it’s SO much easier. Add linens to your reservation when you book…or add them later. There’s lots of flexibility and the orders can be fully customized.
4. Cancellations are no big deal right? Well, yes, and no. If you cancel your reservation you are likely to be out any and all money paid towards it, unless the property re-rents for the cancelled week. And even then, a cancellation penalty applies. It’s always better to be safe than sorry and consider purchasing travel insurance to protect your vacation investment! Homestead offers travel insurance as an option on ALL of our leases, for your convenience. And it’s a great, “Cancel for any Reason” coverage.
5. Where in Cape May should we Stay? Ah, the fun part! Whether you like to experience a new area each year, or you always return to that same tried and true, favorite part of town…there’s no right or wrong way to do it! Decide if you want to be in Cape May proper (closest to the center of town), West Cape May (residential and peaceful vibe), Cape May Point (natural & tranquil, but further from attractions), or The Bayside (beautiful sunsets, pet friendly beaches, value). If you need help deciding which area is best for you, Homestead is always happy to provide more information.
So, as we move into this last weekend of February and eagerly anticipate the arrival of spring…it’s time to get serious about vacation planning. Don’t let it sneak up on you! Relax and reserve now. We’re here to help with each step of the way.