Going on a vacation with a baby involves well-planned effort but it can be done. Vacations are for adults and children but babies are happy enough just going to the grocery store or to Grandma’s. Still, anything that relaxes the parents is going to make for a happy baby. So above all else remember that the goal of a vacation is to have fun.
Here are some tips to help you with plans when traveling with a baby on your vacation. You’ll probably find that some Cape May vacation rentals are more suitable to a family with a baby than others so take your time and look around.
1. Travel Time. Try to schedule your flights when the baby is normally napping. Walk and play with the baby while in the airport. More energy exerted while off the plane will be less energy the baby exerts while on the plane.
2. Keep on Schedule. While you’re on vacation try to maintain the schedule you have at home as closely as possible. That means the time you wake up and go to sleep, the time you eat meals, and when naptime is.
3. Ask Before Leaving. Do the Cape May vacation rentals you’re staying in provide sleeping arrangements for babies? Ask about car seats from the car rental agency too.
4. Be Calm. Don’t stress out getting ready for your trip because the baby will sense it and be on edge too.
5. Less is More. With babies the rule is “Less is More.” Don’t over stimulate the baby. Make sure they take naps in quiet and comfortable spaces. Afternoon naps improve the chances of a quality evening. And nothing says you can’t take one too.
6. Use Sunscreen. Keep babies out of the midday sun. Dress them in hats and light weight clothing. Apply sunscreen to any areas of skin showing. Read the label and reapply as recommended.
When you’re coming to Cape May with a baby in tow and need vacation rentals don’t hesitate to give us a call at Homestead Cape May Rentals. We’d be happy to tell you about our baby-friendly accommodations.