If you are looking to spend 4th of July in one of the most amazing places in America, then Cape May is the perfect choice. The entire town is designated a National Historic Landmark City – the only city in America that has this distinction. Cape May is the oldest seaside resort in the country as well, and is so rich in history, nature, entertainment and activities, you will never run out of things to do! Cape May will offer you the best of the best…from great Victorian architecture, amazing restaurants and bars to fun family events.
In between catching waves and exploring the town on the 4th of July, grab a blanket and find a spot right on the beach to check out the fireworks. Everybody knows the fireworks in Cape May are one of the best around, and it’s your time to witness that.
Here’s what’s happening in and around town!
- Saturday 6/30 – Gregg Carpenter playing poolside at Tiki Ten 35 from 2-7 pm; Dom Grosso at Hawk Haven Vineyard (3-6 pm ); at Rotary Park you can enjoy a FREE concert by Wind Symphony of Southern NJ (7-9pm);
- Sunday, July 1st – Cape May Jazz Vespers welcome Barry Miles and trio at First Presbyterian Church (8-9: 15 pm);
- Thursday, July 5th – The Honeyhawks (pictured at right) playing poolside at Tiki Ten35 at The Ocean Club Pool (2-6pm)
- Sunday, July 8th – Nick Sbaffoni is playing at Harry’s (4-8pm)and Jon Pruitt is playing piano at Merion Inn (5:30 – 10:30 pm)
ART AND THEATER
- Saturday 6/30 and Sunday 7/1 – SOMA NewArt Gallery: “An Unmistakable Moment, Walk with Me, and Related Reflections” (10am-10pm)
- Friday July 6th – East Lynne Theater presents “On the Sunny Side of the Street” (8-10pm)
- Monday, July 9th – Cape May Stage presents Will and Anthony Nunziata (8-10pm)
- July 11- 15 – Emlen Physick Estate – REV Theater Presents: 1940s Cabaret (7-9pm)
- July 01-29th – Wildlife Show at the Convention Hall (7:30-9pm)
- Monday, July 02 – Congress Hall Carnival! (5:30 – 9:00pm)
- Tuesday, July 3rd – Magic Show at Convention Hall (7- 8:30pm)
- Saturday, July 7th – Watch the annual Cape May Independence Day Parade held on Beach Avenue. (1pm)
- Wednesday, July 11th – Cape May Lighthouse is organizing a kid-friendly event with performers, craft vendors and fun family activities. (9am – 2pm)
If you still haven’t booked your summer rental, Homestead Rental Team can help you find the perfect house for you and your family. Call us now at 609.884.1888 or you can check our inventory HERE.