Cape May is not just a summer destination anymore, Cape May is ready to welcome visitors year-round and if you are looking for a Thanksgiving retreat, this can be your home for a few days. We have plenty of rental availability and many great restaurants are still open. Below is a highlight of why to choose Cape May this holiday.
- Cheaper accommodation
During the off-season the price for accommodation drops substantially. It’s 50% less than the summer prime weeks and if you cannot stay a full week, owners are also accepting a 2 -3-night stay. You can enjoy the perks and avoid the summer crowds.
The meters have officially stopped (except behind the mall area) so parking is now free! It’s so much easier to find a spot and you don’t have to drive around for about 20 minutes. You can park next to the restaurants and shops!
3.Easier access to restaurants
If you’ve been to the shore during summer months, you know you need to make a reservation a week in advance! Well, not this time of the year. You can get a table a few days in advance, or the day of. Sometimes reservations are not even needed, and walk-ins are welcome.
4. Great restaurants for Thanksgiving Dinner
If you don’t want to cook for Thanksgiving, there are so many great restaurants in Cape May that offer dinners. You will still find a traditional menu including turkey, sweet potatoes, green beans casserole and cranberry sauce, but you will also find fresh seafood. Afterall, you are in one of the best shore towns. Below you can see a few restaurants that offer a buffet or a fixed menu. We would recommend making a reservation now.
- Blue Pig – offers a three-course dinner and includes an appetizer, entrée and dessert for $45 per person. You can see their menu here.
- Ballroom in Congress Hall – Every year they offer a buffet dinner and the seating starts 1:00 pm until 5:00 pm. For adults the ticket is $45+ and for children (ages 3-12) is $19+.
- Ebbitt Room – They offer a 3-course dinner (appetizer, entrée and dessert) and it’s $65 per person. If you don’t want turkey, you can choose the duck breast instead.
- Washington Inn – Their seating starts at 1:00 pm until 7:00 pm and they have a special menu and you can choose whatever you want. You can see their menu here. If you want to eat in the comfort of your home, they also have a Thanksgiving Feast To Go. The dinner to go serves 12 people for a price of $349 plus tax, and it’s prepared by the Washington Inn and Lucky Bones.
- Peter Shields Inn – offers a 3-course dinner and the price per adult is $65 and for the children it is $35.00. They have a great menu with a fantastic ocean view… it doesn’t get better than this.
A great way to give thanks this Thanksgiving is by joining Operation Fireside. This operation will allow you to host Coast Guard recruits for Thanksgiving dinner, so they can enjoy a home cooked meal and relax from their hard training. They are not allowed to spend time or see their own families for the holiday due to the negative impact on their training, so hosting them is the best gift for them.
Whether you are looking for a 2-3 nights stay or for a week, contact our rental department now at 609.884.1888 to book your holiday stay! You can also book online if you’d like and our entire inventory is HERE.